“Gifted students are those who do things a little earlier, a little faster, a little better and probably a little differently than most other students” Ginsberg, G.
At SPN we use a matrix of identification methods.
- Formal psychologist’s report stating IQ falls in the Gifted range
- Off level testing/Above Stage testing
- Teacher identification – data collection
- Standardised testing e.g. PAT Mathematics – results in high stanines
- Results from competitions
- Checklist of gifted student characteristics
- Parent identification
The primary means of educational enrichment that is used at SPN is within classroom higher level thinking, open-ended questioning, “real life” problems, critical thinking and creative thinking programs. In this way students can continue to gain from social engagement with their peers.
- Maths Olympiad
- Public Speaking
- Passion Project and Genius Hour
- Stage 3 (Years 5 and 6) Leadership
- External competitions